Shared Care Record - Right to Object

You have the right to object at any time. We don’t recommend this, as information that could be vital when you need health or social care support – for instance, during a visit to a hospital Emergency Department – might not be immediately to hand as a result.

Objecting will mean the services giving you care will be unable to view your records from other services. However, the decision is entirely yours. If you do want to object, you can do so by completing the online form at the bottom of this page.

Alternatively, please download a copy of the form below and once you’ve completed it, simply scan it and email it to the central Shared Care Record team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Or, if you would prefer to, print out and send a copy of the completed form by post to:- 

document Shared Care Record - Right to Object downloadable form (22 KB)

Please note, the Shared Care Record is different to anything you might have said ‘no’ to before. So, if you don’t want your records to be available to view through it, you’ll need to object.

Have you changed your mind?

If you do object and then subsequently change your mind, you can download a reversal of right to object form below. Once you’ve completed it, please scan it and email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

document Shared Care Record - Reversal of objection downloadable form (20 KB)

If you need any help with anything, please phone 0345 646 1163.

Right to Object form


Important information

Please note: if you are objecting on behalf of someone else, do not use this online form. Please complete the postal form instead.

Submitting this form means your health and social care records will not be made available to view through the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Shared Care Record.

This could have implications you hadn’t thought about. Please take a minute to read this information before making your decision.

What will objecting really mean?

  • In A&E, information urgently needed by doctors to treat you in an emergency could be delayed or difficult to get in time to support your care.
  • With COVID-19 potentially set to be with us for the long term, treatment you might need for this could be affected in the same way.
  • Your hospital treatment could involve an overnight stay if your GP practice can’t forward your information quickly, for example, when they’re closed.
  • You’ll find yourself having to repeat information every time you need care, and maybe even tests you’ve already had.
  • If you can’t remember what medication you’re taking you might be given some that reacts with it because your records aren’t available quickly to check.
  • The help you need from your social worker might take longer as they spend time chasing other professionals for important information.
  • Your health and social care could feel disjointed as the professionals supporting you won’t be able to see the care each is providing.

Some things to note

We’ll always respect your choice and restrict access to your health and social care information by professionals in our partner organisations where you’ve made use of your right to object. However, to carry out your wishes, we may need to keep some information such as your name, date of birth and NHS number.

This will ensure all partner organisations know about your decision to object so you don’t have to notify all the different organisations across Herefordshire and Worcestershire who might be involved in your care.

You won’t be able to choose which services to object to. Objecting will mean each organisation that gives you care will only see electronic information recorded on its own system.


If you still want to object, please complete all sections of the form above, tick the boxes below to show you agree with the statements, and press the ‘I wish to object’ button. If you prefer, you can use a form that you can post or email to us instead. Details of how to do this are on the website.

Objecting for someone else

If you are objecting on behalf of someone else, do not use the online form. Please complete the postal form instead.


Powered by BreezingForms

If you change your mind

You can change your mind at any time. To reverse your decision, simply complete a reversal of right to object form which can be downloaded from the website.

How we use your information

The information you submit through our forms is held securely. We will use it only to process your request. For more details on how we use your information, please see our privacy policy.